2011-10-29

Halloween Playlist

Is Halloween over yet? I can't believe I still have three more nights of costumes and staying up to ungodly hours. Last night was great though. Leave it to Halloween to get me dancing harder than I have in ages. I helped create the playlist for a party last night and - not to toot my own horn - we were dancing until our legs gave in. I avoided the cliches (you want "Thriller", "Ghostbusters", "The Monster Mash"? - go to every other party) and found songs that embodied the Halloween spirit either in sound, lyrics, or title. You're gonna need this 40-song playlist to do Halloween properly:

Zombie - Cranberries
Run to Your Grave - Mae Shi
Enjoy the Silence - Depeche Mode
Danger (High Voltage) - Electric Six
Psycho Killer - Talking Heads
Heads Will Roll - Yeah Yeah Yeahs
Toxic - Britney Spears
Ready or Not - Fugees
Du Hast - Rammstein
Walking with a Ghost - Tegan & Sara
Disturbia - Rihanna
We Throw Parties, You Throw Knives - Los Campesinos
Nightcall - Kavinsky
Everybody - Backstreet Boys
Spooky - Dusty Springfield
Beautiful People - Marilyn Manson
Werewolf Bar Mitzvah - Tracy Morgan
Bad Romance - Lady Gaga
Possum Kingdom - Toadies
Bad Moon Rising - Creedence Clearwater Revival
Crossroads - Bone Thugs N Harmony
Spiderwebs - No Doubt
Creep - TLC
Enter Sandman - Metallica
Obsession - Animotion
S&M - Rihanna
Southside - Moby & Gwen Stefani
Smooth Criminal - Alien Ant Farm
Your Woman - White Town
She Wolf - Shakira
Machinehead - Bush
Dance the Way I Feel - Ou Est Le Swimming Pool
My Boo - Ghost Town DJs
Animal I Have Become - Three Days Grace
Walking on Broken Glass - Annie Lennox
The Girl and the Robot - Royksopp & Robyn
Infected - Bad Religion
In a Dream - Rockell
Tearin' Up My Heart - N Sync
Sunday Bloody Sunday - U2
Twisted - Keith Sweat

Download it here: Halloween Dance Time

No comments: