2009-04-06

A Framed Photo of a Framed Photo

On an end table at my grandparents' house, a framed photograph of me from high school sits next to a potted plant. My mom likes the set up so much that she even takes a picture of these two objects next to each other. Seeing my mother take this shot, my grandmother requests a copy of the photo because she likes it as well, even though it is just a representation of a scene she sees in her own home every day. Happy to oblige, my mom later gives my grandmother this photo framed, which looks like the picture at the top of this post.

It's fairly absurd and meta considering that it is a framed photo of a framed photo. But wait, it gets more absurd. If you have a picture of the decor in your house that already exists elsewhere, where then do you choose to display this photographic replica as a decoration? How about right in the spot where the photo was originally taken?

Why am I so nutty? Clearly, it's genetic.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh grammie......