2008-06-27

Do-Re-Me-Me-Me-Me-Me

Since my life is up in the air, I've had some friends contact me concerned that I've moved to Vermont. On the contrary, I'm vacationing at the Trapp Family Lodge, a resort built on the land that the Von Trapps, the family from The Sound of Music, relocated to after emigrating from Austria, and a destination I wrote a ridiculous paper on. I'll figure out my life when I get home. Or, you know, whenever. I know I don't want to live in Vermont, so that's a start, no?

I also know that it's Free Design Friday. Between the Von Trapps and Free Design, that's a lot of family band to handle, as if there could ever be an overload of that variety. At some point, Free Design decided to record its own version of "Do-Re-Me," only to find they couldn't obtain the rights, so they switched up the order in which they sang the notes to make it a different song entirely. Sort of. At any rate, it's soothing, stupid, and short, so you might as well check it out.

Download/listen: The Free Design - Chorale

While we're on the subject, why not go back to one of my first blog posts ever, and attempt to play the "Do-Re-Me" game. It's still a challenge that fouls me up!

No comments: