2010-08-21

This Is Why I'm Underemployed

Though I get down on myself for being underemployed, I'm not convinced it is entirely my fault. It's not that I'm unemployable, it's that the hirers are unemployerable.

Check out these three job postings that leave me preferring poverty:
When someone says she's looking for an "Edditor," you already know that's going to be more work than its worth. While I won't deny that middle school kids are clamoring for comic literature about someone with dyslexia, scoliosis, and an alcoholic parent, 14 double spaced pages of unordered blurbs about her life does not a book make. (Did nto aplly )!

I was really tempted to pursue this lead, what with the likelihood of a Nobel Prize at the project's conclusion. That might seem like an unreasonable expectation, but remember that his philosophies are extraordinary as they "have never been written by any other human on this earth" - only monkeys on typewriters. And perhaps Gandhi, whose quote I'm glad that he took the liberty of editing, since what did that dick know about life anyway?

So true story: I have a Masters in Education and was a high school teacher but was deemed not qualified enough to do SAT tutoring with this one company because they had other candidates with PhDs! Remind me to not get a doctorate if it means still having to accept poorly paid part-time work. So on the one hand, while it would be easy to make a "Looks like the kids aren't the only ones who need a Tudor(sic)" joke, maybe it's not an error. Maybe the economy is so bad that this place can afford to be exclusive to the point of only hiring descendants of the English monarchy.

No comments: